Google plus shutting down on April 2
As its confirmed, Google plus shutting down on the 2nd of April, 2019 for consumers. That is very sad to know, We would not be able to use it anymore to share our content. The reasons Google plus shutting down are low usage by consumers and big challenges of running a product successfully. As mentioned by Google, There will be no more new profile creations after 4th of February, 2019.
Your existing profile (photos and videos) data will start getting deleted after April 2,2019. Google also asked the users to download their photos and video data as soon as possible. To download the following data, Users can click this link and create an archive of data. Users can also choose what to include in their archives. Database of consumers’ accounts will start getting deleted after 2nd of April. The process will take few months to complete. Through this time Users will still be seeing their some posts via Activity logs and Google suite.
Steps to download Google Plus specific data
- First go to myaccount.google.com
- Select an option “Data & personalization” from the left side as displayed on the image.
- Scroll down the page and select an option “Download your data” under Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
- After clicking download your data. Then you will see the new page as shown in the above image
- It will show different products of google, so you can select the data to include
- Select data accordingly to create an archive
If you want to download Google plus page content, You should click on this link and follow the steps from there:
Note: You can download and export your Google plus data, including your Google plus Communities, Circles, Streams, and +1’s. and It will not delete your Google plus profile after downloading your Google plus data. – WhatsInMyBag