Alice uncle was a cardiologist, who died of a heart attack. She was very much shocked by his death and always kept a close check over her cholesterol level. Having knowledge of the basics, she always made sure that precautions are implemented not only read and forgotten.
Quick tips to keep a check over cholesterol level:
- Adequate weight: Overweight always leads to many problems. The excessive weight of the body creates a lot many hindrances for the organs to work in the proper way.
- Proper exercise regime: Discipline in life in itself is a huge precaution. So follow at least for 5 days a week with the proper schedule for engaging in exercise.
- Food: Food rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Include Chia seeds, walnut, flax seeds, coconut oil in the daily diet.
- Reduce trans fats: Just limit the “packed” food, Diet reduces the trans fats automatically.
- Stress-free: Try to keep some “me” time in a day, to keep stress out of the body. Happy and stress free body itself reduces the chances to induce problems with it.
- Reduce intake of carbohydrates: Try a variety of food other than white flour or white rice. Try including barley, millets, oats, quinoa and other high-fiber food. And eating raw or boiled veggie in a smoothie or salad form helps you a lot to reduce intake of carbohydrates in food.